Russell Tours – Hiking in Beautiful Places since 1991.
Watch an overview video of each country.Watch Video
Welcome To Russell Tours
Self-Guided Hiking Tours in the Alps of Europe.
One of our favorite areas in the Alps is hiking in Switzerland. Switzerland is a hiker’s dream. The Swiss Alps offer a spectacular variety of deep valleys, snow-capped peaks with a network of well maintained safe trails for the average hiker.
Swiss Alpine Hiking includes broad above-timberline alpine tundra below the snow-line to quiet forested valley farmlands interspersed with quaint Swiss Alpine villages with a thousand year history with four living European cultures.
The Haute Route in Switzerland, especially, offers a unique combination of high altitude hut to hut hiking and village hotels on this famous trek of 108 miles from Chamonix, France to Zermatt, Switzerland.
Enjoy self-guided hiking with your own group of friends, and hike at your own pace in the Swiss Alps, or other countries and form your own group with a guide which we can provide to lead you in Swiss Alpine hiking on dates that you set.
What our Hikers Say:
“Our self guided Haute Trip was fantastic-very well coordinated, the team at Russell Tours was flexible, helpful, and all was inexpensive”
~ Review by Jack Grossman Posted on December 6, 2015
Here is what our self guided hikes include:
- Topographical hiker’s maps of your selected region with elevations, distances, villages and trails clearly indicated.
- Detail Directions of your hike with all travel instructions.
- Reservations made at excellent hotels and cabannes. Vouchers are provided to you.
- Breakfasts and dinners included in our fees.
- Swiss Pass for unlimited travel on Swiss Transport if requested.
- Prepayment of all accommodations and confirmations to you.
- Free telephone support (with a live person) for you at anytime to answer your questions.
- Luggage transfers if requested.
About the only things not included are lunches, drinks, phone calls from the room, transportation.
Tours By Country
Choosing the links below will help you navigate our site and help you to find just what you need.
Here are links to each of our tour areas around the globe: