Russell Tours – Hiking in Beautiful Places since 1991.
Watch an overview video of each country.Watch Video
Welcome To Russell ToursSelf-Guided Hiking Tours in the Alps of Europe. One of our favorite areas in the Alps is hiking in Switzerland. Switzerland is a hiker’s dream. The Swiss Alps offer a spectacular variety of deep valleys, snow-capped peaks with a network of well maintained safe trails for the average hiker. Swiss Alpine Hiking includes broad above-timberline alpine tundra below the snow-line to quiet forested valley farmlands interspersed with quaint Swiss Alpine villages with a thousand year history with four living European cultures. The Haute Route in Switzerland, especially, offers a unique combination of high altitude hut to hut hiking and village hotels on this famous trek of 108 miles from Chamonix, France to Zermatt, Switzerland. Enjoy self-guided hiking with your own group of friends, and hike at your own pace in the Swiss Alps, or other countries and form your own group with a guide which we can provide to lead you in Swiss Alpine hiking on dates that you set.
What our Hikers Say:“Our self guided Haute Trip was fantastic-very well coordinated, the team at Russell Tours was flexible, helpful, and all was inexpensive” ~ Review by Jack Grossman Posted on December 6, 2015
Here is what our self guided hikes include:
- Topographical hiker’s maps of your selected region with elevations, distances, villages and trails clearly indicated.
- Detail Directions of your hike with all travel instructions.
- Reservations made at excellent hotels and cabannes. Vouchers are provided to you.
- Breakfasts and dinners included in our fees.
- Swiss Pass for unlimited travel on Swiss Transport if requested.
- Prepayment of all accommodations and confirmations to you.
- Free telephone support (with a live person) for you at anytime to answer your questions.
- Luggage transfers if requested.