Russell Tours – Hiking in Beautiful Places since 1991.
Watch an overview video of each country.Watch Video
Welcome To Russell Tours
Offering Self-Guided Hiking Tours in the Alps of Europe. At Russell Tours we provide hikers access to the most Iconic routes in the world.
- The Tour du Mont Blanc – a classic hike on well marked trails around the tallest mountain in Europe.
- The Haute Route from Chamonix to Zermatt is the only hiking route with 14 mountains over 14,000 feet in the world.
- The Dolomites – AV1. Cortina Italy for 120km (75 miles) from Dobbiaco in the North to Belluno in the South. A world heritage site and unbelievably high spires with challenging trails leading around a 10 day loop.
The goal is to give our hikers access to the best hiking and enjoy the finer hotels and not to have to commit to 15 or 20 days to take one of these timeless journeys.
Hike French, German and Italian regions of the Alps.
The three culture Hike is all about flexibility. This trip can start near Zurich in Wengen or in Chamonix France which is near Geneva. Lets review the different stops. Verbier and Zermatt are (French), Wengen (German), and Courmayeur (Italian) and just for fun Chamonix (French) for your last few days. It is also noteworthy that this trip isn’t about hiking long distances across open tundra but instead spectacular day hikes and small overnight hikes to quaint mountain lodges with breathtaking interesting vistas. We have attempted to put together the essence of the Swiss and French Alps experience without the long (and sometimes boring or very physically challenging) sections between these historically important villages and their surroundings. We can craft either 4, 7, 12 or 18 day excursions to suit your interests and hiking challenge desires.
We call these our 2 and 3-culture hikes!The area between Chamonix France and Zermatt Switzerland represents French, Italian and German cultural aspects of the food, the architecture and the habits of the people who live in this diverse area. Our hiking programs give you a flavor of each of these wonderful cultural heritages with some of the best hiking in the world.
What our Hikers Say:“Our self guided Haute Trip was fantastic-very well coordinated, the team at Russell Tours was flexible, helpful, and all was inexpensive”
~ Review by Jack Grossman, VT
Russell Tours Self Guided Hikes – Multi Culture Hikes
- We consult with you to develop a custom itinerary.
- We have learned the best parts of these historic trails.
- We stay in 3 and 4 star hotels.
- Transfers, shuttles, trains and trams can all be provided as needed.
- We give you the highest quality waterproof topographical hiking maps.
- We provide 24/7 phone support while on your hike.
- Meals, hotels and concierge services at every stop.
- We have over 40 years of history working with the Lodge Keepers in these areas.
We focus on people who are life-time hikers. Our groups are usually more senior, experienced hikers, looking for an epic hiking experience not an Olympic one. Russell Tours offers you personal care with more than 40 years experience.
Tours By Country
Choosing from the links below will help you navigate our site and help you to find just what you need.