Welcome To Russell Tours
Offering Self-Guided Hiking Tours in the Alps of Europe and Guided Hiking Tours on the continent of Africa. At Russell Tours we provide hikers access to the most iconic routes in the world.
- The Tour du Mont Blanc – A classic hike around the Mont Blanc Massif on well marked trails around the tallest mountain in Europe. Visit France, Italy and Switzerland in a 10 day journey. See our special 50+ singles group tour for 2020
- The Haute Route from Chamonix France to Zermatt Switzterland – Hike the only route with 14 mountains over 14,000 feet in the world.
- The Dolomites – AV1. Cortina Italy for 120km (75 miles) from Dobbiaco in the North to Belluno in the South. A world heritage site and unbelievably high spires with challenging trails leading around a 10 day loop.
- African Hiking Adventure – Spend a week trekking with Gorillas, hiking inside a Big-5 Safari Park and walk in the canopy of 700 year old-growth forests.
The goal is to give our hikers access to the best hiking and enjoy the finer hotels and not to have to commit to 15 or 20 days to take one of these timeless journeys.
Hiking in AfricaRussell Tours has developed a number of great hikes and satisfying adventures over the last 40 years. We are now introducing our most exciting hiking adventure yet – Hiking in Africa. This dramatic continent offers some of the most wide-ranging hikes. We offer an environment of lush floral beauty with some of the rarest plants, animals, birds and interesting mountainous settings anywhere in the world. Don’t miss this great opportunity to experience this wonderful guided hiking trip.
Hike French, German and Italian regions of the Alps.
The three culture Hike is all about flexibility. This trip can start near Zurich in Wengen or in Chamonix France which is near Geneva. Lets review the different stops. Verbier and Zermatt are (French), Wengen (German), and Courmayeur (Italian) and just for fun Chamonix (French) for your last few days. It is also noteworthy that this trip isn’t about hiking long distances across open tundra but instead spectacular day hikes and small overnight hikes to quaint mountain lodges with breathtaking interesting vistas. We have attempted to put together the essence of the Swiss and French Alps experience without the long (and sometimes boring or very physically challenging) sections between these historically important villages and their surroundings. We can craft either 4, 7, 12 or 18 day excursions to suit your interests and hiking challenge desires.
We call these our 2 and 3-culture hikes!The area between Chamonix France and Zermatt Switzerland represents French, Italian and German cultural aspects of the food, the architecture and the habits of the people who live in this diverse area. Our hiking programs give you a flavor of each of these wonderful cultural heritages with some of the best hiking in the world. Our hiking program customizes your hike to the level of ability, the setting and the style of lodging you wish to have… all to fit your timetable and budget.
What our Hikers Say:“Our self guided Haute Trip was fantastic-very well coordinated, the team at Russell Tours was flexible, helpful, and all was inexpensive”
~ Review by Jack Grossman, VT
Russell Tours Self Guided Hikes – Multi Culture Hikes
- We consult with you to develop a custom itinerary.
- We have learned the best parts of these historic trails.
- We stay in 3 and 4 star hotels.
- Transfers, shuttles, trains and trams can all be provided as needed.
- We give you the highest quality waterproof topographical hiking maps.
- We provide 24/7 local Concierge support while on your hike.
- Meals, hotels and concierge services at every stop.
- We have over 40 years of history working with the Lodge Keepers in these areas.
We focus on people who are life-time hikers. Our groups are usually more senior, experienced hikers, looking for an epic hiking experience not an Olympic one. Russell Tours offers you personal care with more than 40 years experience.
Tours By Country and Region
Choosing from the links below will help you navigate our site and help you to find just what you need.